Scam Activity Continues to Rise
The security of your personal information is a top priority of AGCU.
We will never ask you for confidential information, like your full social security number, full account number, debit or credit card numbers, CVV or PIN in an email or via a web site, online chat or from an unsolicited phone call.
If you receive a suspicious email or phone call requesting confidential information, it is not from AGCU.
You can reduce the risk of falling victim to fraudulent phone calls and text messages by following these steps:
- Be aware – legitimate businesses do not make unsolicited calls for personal, sensitive information. If you receive an unsolicited call asking this, it is probably a scam.
- Don’t give in to pressure – Many times the caller will pressure or try and scare you into giving your personal information. If so, simply hang up.
- Don’t answer phone calls from unknown numbers. Valid callers will leave a message.
- Don’t respond to unverified SMS text asking you to call your financial institution. Text messages from AGCU never request confidential information.
- Stay calm – These callers are masters at emotional string pulling. When in doubt, hang up. Please notify AGCU if you suspect that someone has impersonated a credit union representative. You might also consider keeping our Member Care number in your mobile phone for fast access. The number is (866)508-2428.
- Be skeptical – Caller ID can be faked. Hanging up is your best defense.
- Never share a One-Time-Password (OTP) or a Verbal Password with anyone. OTPs are generated to verify your identity and criminals are anxious to obtain them by asking you to read OTPs to them over the phone or via text.
- AGCU offers complimentary account security alerts through online banking. You may create alerts at any time by logging into your online banking and clicking on the “Options” tab. Then select “Alerts” to set up notifications for balances, transactions, account log ins, and more.
- Carefully review your statements regularly and contact us if you notice any unauthorized activity.
During this time of uncertainty, it’s more critical than ever to be aware of financial scams targeting you. We are happy to help answer any questions that you may have and appreciate your partnership as we take more steps to protect you and your financial accounts. Let us know if you have any questions by calling Member Care at (866)508-2428 or sending an email.