If you have an HSA-qualified high deductible health plan (HDHP), you may be eligible to open a Health Savings Account. With an HSA, you can save money for medical expenses* while earning a high rate of dividends on the account. Here are some advantages of having a Health Savings Account.
- No monthly fees
- Access your money easily with a FREE Health Savings Account debit card
- Contributions to Health Savings Accounts are tax-free
- The balance in your Health Savings Account rolls over year after year – no “use it or lose it” rule
- Money can be used to pay for qualified medical expenses for yourself, your spouse and dependent children
- Health Savings Accounts are portable…you can keep it even if you: change jobs, change medical coverage, become unemployed, move to another state or change marital status
For more information about Health Savings Accounts, visit the Internal Revenue Service HSA website.
Click here for annual contribution rates.
*Includes most medical care and services, dental care, vision care and prescriptions.